Over the course of our five day program, students will be introduced to a series of local guest artists including:
- Andanza Dance Company
- ACirc Circus Movement Company
- Antonio Martorell, Visual Artist
- Rosa Luisa Márquez, Acting Professor and Theatre of the Oppressed Expert
- Edgardo Rodriguez, Movement Theatre Artist
- Puerto Rican contemporary dance company
- Founded in 1998 presenting shows and workshops across the island at internationally
- Offers youth classes throughout the year in the capital of San Juan
- Offers weekly workshops to more than 300 children and young people from marginalized communities and public schools
- A non-profit organization created in May 2013, composed of artists from different guilds with the purpose of promoting the circus and the street arts in Puerto Rico
- Supports and develops movement work for spaces such as festivals, workshops and educational exchanges, among others
- Seeks to merge and strengthen the arts and culture within PR by connecting different artists, companies and individuals who share the same creative approach both nationally and internationally
- Printmaker, painter, draftsman, installation artist, stage and costume designer, writer, illustrator, and teacher. Martorell is one of the most prolific Puerto Rican artists of the late twentieth and early twenty-first century
- Martorell has taught printmaking in Puerto Rico, Argentina, Colombia, and Mexico, and in his passion for human and artistic expression (which he sees as one) he has created, organized, and sponsored countless artistic, community, and multi-media events.
- Martorell’s prints and paintings communicate his freedom and exceptional creative talent.
Rosa Luisa Márquez
- Puerto Rican theater artist and pedagogue specializing in contemporary theater.
- Started her teaching career at the theater department of the University of Puerto Rico in 1978. She developed the current curriculum of Drama Activities, which she teaches in her workshops at schools, prisons, rehab centers, women's shelters and community centers.
- She is a member of the board of directors and pedagogical team for the EITALC´s International School of Latin American and Caribbean Theater.